Alta Head Start is currently seeking applicants for a Lead Head Start Preschool Teacher. You can view a summary the job requirements and responsibilities below. If you are interested in applying you can submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Attention: Human Resources
142 Javit Court
Austintown, OH 44515
Lead Head Start Teacher
Alta Head Start is looking for a Lead Preschool Teacher who can create a safe and nurturing environment while incorporating fun and creative lesson plans to support the learning and development of our children. The Preschool Teacher will be responsible for all aspects of classroom management including the education, social and emotional development, lesson planning and assessment of each child. This position will have the opportunity to work directly with a Teacher Assistant or Co-Teacher and have various supports to create and develop a classroom environment that contributes to the success of each child.
- Develop daily lesson plans using Creative Curriculum that are individualized for each child and incorporate school readiness goals and social and emotional development.
- Maintain positive relationships with children and parents that is supportive of their needs.
- Create activities that are fun and engaging for children.
- Utilize the Teaching Strategies Gold assessment tool to monitor and track the progress of each child.
- Manage all day to day aspects of the classroom, including meal service, gross and fine motor skills, bathroom breaks, administration of medication as needed, etc.
- Comply with all applicable regulations including Head Start Performance Standards, ODJFS Licensing, and Step Up to Quality.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must maintain a neat and professional appearance at all times.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality and discretion.
- Must be able to relate to individuals of all ethnic and social-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and within a group when necessary.
- Must maintain professional interaction with customers, vendors and all levels of the organization.
- Continuously seeking methods of improvement for efficient operations.
- Must participate in training opportunities as necessary or assigned.
- Attends all workshops and meetings (i.e. staff, parent) as assigned.
- Responsible for personally maintaining current certifications and/or licensures.
- Must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to pass BCI/FBI background check in accordance with ODJFS Licensing regulations.
- Must be able to pass a medical exam in accordance with ODJFS licensing Regulations.
- Must be able to provide documentation of being free from communicable tuberculosis in accordance with Head Start Standards.
- Must be able to meet qualifications as required for Step Up To Quality (SUTQ).
- Maintain professionalism at all times through actions and behaviors.
- Display a friendly and positive attitude towards job duties, parents, children, staff members, and others (i.e. visitors, volunteers, community partners) and willingly perform job duties.
- Must display a positive mood and reflect enjoyment in the performance of job responsibilities and interactions with children, families, staff, volunteers, et al.
- Understand and appropriately respond to the needs of other staff, parents, children, visitors.
- Communicate effectively by using productive comments, pleasant expressions, and welcoming gestures.
- Must be a team player.
Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field is required. 2+ years of experience working with children in a classroom setting and Early Childhood Education Licensure preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer