Taking NEW Applications for the 2018-19 School Year at Our Children in Motion Event!
If your child is age birth through 5 years old, lives in Mahoning County and has never attended Alta Head Start, join us at our Children in Motion event to be held Thursday, July 26 from 4:00-7:00 pm at the Covelli Center in downtown Youngstown.
At this special event, you can complete an application and learn how our programs can benefit your child!
Please bring the following information with you in order to complete the application process:
- Proof of income
- Proof of birth of the child (Birth Certificate is best, if available)
- Proof of residency
- Custody or restraining order documentation (if applicable)
While at the event, your children can enjoy:
- Gymsters’ children activities
- Race cars
- Emergency Service vehicles, including a fire truck
- The Pop-Up Library
- Free food
- …and more!
If you can not attend this event, parents/guardians may stop at our Austintown office (142 Javit Court) or our McCartney, Renaissance or Westchester Head Start sites to complete an application. Applications are accepted throughout the year.
APPLY EARLY TO GET THE BEST OPPORTUNITY FOR YOUR CHILD’S PLACEMENT IN OUR PROGRAM!
Here is a list of the many agencies and organizations that will be participating in this event:
- Academy of Urban Scholars Youngstown
- Beatitude House
- Buckeye Health Plan
- Carol Wilson – Damsel in Defense
- Fish Samaritan House
- Girl Scouts of Northeast Ohio
- Horizon Science Academy Youngstown
- KBC KIDZ – Marshall (PAW Patrol)
- Lewis Macklin – African American Male Wellness Walk (AAMWW)
- Mahoning County Board of Health
- Mahoning County Children Services
- Mahoning County Pop-up Library
- Mahoning County Veterans Service Commission
- Mahoning Valley Family Center
- Meg Harris – Alta Behavioral Health – Infant Mortality
- Mercy Health – Youngstown Primary Care (Family Medicine)
- Meridian HealthCare
- Stambaugh Charter Academy
- The Early Childhood Resource Center
- Trio Educational Opportunity Center (EGCC)
- Valeria Glean – Modern Woodmen – (Financial Services)
- Western & Southern Life (Nicole Borst) – Identi-kits
- Yolanda Stewart – The Care Club LLC
- Youngstown Academy of Excellence
- Youngstown Board of Health
- Youngstown Fire Department